The Digital Applications Development Team is responsible for the development and application support of all Internet web applications, including a focus on mobile for Fidelity Canada in addition to developing and supporting our internal corporate web site. We work closely with our business partners to deliver a superior online experience focusing on stability, performance, and service delivery.
What You Will Do
As a Team Manager Digital Applications Development, you manage and lead a team of highly skilled developers in delivering complex system development projects. You plan, coordinate and participate in the development activities across the full delivery lifecycle. This include working closely with the department’s Project Managers, coordinating business analysts, architects and developers, as well as collaborating closely with key project stakeholders as required.
- As a highly technical and hands-on capable Full-Stack developer, you ensure the structured and
- coordinated planning of the team’s development. Accomplish team objectives by managing staff and evaluating team activities
- Supervise the day-to-day core development of Fidelity Canada’s web portfolio projects.
- Supervise the development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of Web applications, adhering to Fidelity standards
- Collaborate with the team and other stakeholders to achieve successful delivery of high-quality application products.
- Work with Project Managers to translate development deliverables into manageable components/tasks, estimate timings and resources, suggest solutions and identify possible risks.
- Write, review and take ownership for clear, concise and comprehensive technical documentation.
What We Are Looking For:
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of software development experience with Java technologies
- A minimum of 1-2 years as a team lead/manager is a must
- Experience leading a technology team on project and support activities
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming principles, web request/response architecture (RestFul or SOAP API)
- Financial Services and/or Mutual Fund experience is nice to have
The Expertise You Bring:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) with others to gain cooperative assistance to achieve goals.
- Exceptional organization skills to plan objectives and strategies in meeting team goals.
- Skilled negotiator to effectively streamline and solve problems.
- Independent and self-motivating with strong analytic skills and creative thinking.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Understanding of business acumen
Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings.
Employment with Fidelity will be conditional upon the successful candidate having received a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada, at least 14 days prior to their start date. This requirement is subject to exemptions pursuant to human rights legislation in your province of employment.
Fidelity Canada is anequal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering adiverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants foremployment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, familystatus, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or anyother legally-protected ground.
Accommodation duringthe application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encouragesapplications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available onrequest for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require anaccommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiriesor agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please beadvised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to berecipients of the following:
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers (5th consecutive year) 2021
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (9th consecutive year) 2021
- Canada’s Top Family Friendly Employer (4th consecutive year) 2021
- Imagine Canada, Caring Company
- Canada’s Top Employer For Young People 2021
- National HR Awards - Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program Award, Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award
- Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- Canadian Compassionate Companies Award
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- An Imagine Canada Caring Company