The Regulatory Compliance Manager reports to the Director, Compliance and is primarily responsible for the daily operation of the AML and Trade Surveillance programs. Key areas of accountability include daily investigation of alerts generated by both FCC’s Transaction Detection Monitoring System as well as FCC’s Trade Surveillance Program. You will provide subject matter expertise for system development, assist with staff training, generate reporting metrics for periodic reporting to the Board of Directors. In addition, you may be responsible for the development, training, mentoring, and provision of input regarding performance evaluation of a Compliance Analyst. You will also provide backup for other Risk and Compliance functions and will be a member of a team of compliance professionals dedicated to meeting the requirements of an ever-evolving regulatory landscape.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Trade Surveillance Program.
- Working together with the Compliance Analyst, daily investigation of alerts relating to possible manipulative and deceptive practices, insider trading and trading on material non-public information; oversight of testing of manual trade tickets; daily testing of order flow to detect possible trade-throughs; oversee testing for correct order marking and submit order marker correction requests; support creation of periodic management reporting of the Surveillance program; daily statistical tracking of all surveillance testing measures.
- Gathering and analyzing trade and market data against Universal Market Integrity Rules (UMIR) to identify manipulative and deceptive trading activity.
- Conduct periodic Quality Assurance Tests of the work performed by the Compliance Analyst.
Pre-trade risk controls
- Work with the Director, Compliance, ensure there is a robust and effective set of pre-trade risk controls in place for order flow in the various trading platforms used by FCC.
- Track limit breaches across all systems, perform monitoring for limit changes and tracking of limit change approvals.
- Co-chair the Trade Review Committee with the Manager, Compliance and ensure all committee functions are completed in a timely manner.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate business impacts relating to the IIROC Electronic Trading Rules and provide recommendations to the TRC on measures to protect FCC against financial loss.
Incident escalation and management
- Ensure all incidents are escalated appropriately to the Director, Compliance and/or Chief Compliance Officer.
- Assist with regulatory reporting of high-risk items to either FINTRAC or IIROC.
- Record keeping and retention of all back up materials.
- Analyze daily trade activity to determine flags which are appropriately tracked.
- Perform quarterly analytics on flagged orders to identify patterns of abusive trading activity.
Compliance and risk support
- Advise, train, and develop awareness of compliance related issues among FCC staff which may involve both staff training and support.
- Interpret both internal policies and regulatory instruments to resolve both client and staff related issues.
- Co-author new policies and procedures with the P&P Director,
- Assist with regulatory audit requests, answering wire reviews/escalations, and processing/analysis of risk daily workflow
- Complete regulatory reporting such as short position reporting, Large Open Position Reporting and Fixed income reporting.
- Update and review existing policies and procedures annually or as required.
- Act as a backup for response to regulatory requests, for monitoring of employee trading, firm/staff registrations and NRD maintenance.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate privacy rules
- Update and develop Privacy Policies
- Manage privacy incident report process
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Ensuring all incidents are escalated appropriately to the Director, Compliance and/or Chief Compliance Officer.
- Assist with regulatory reporting and monitoring of high-risk items
- Developing and updating policy and procedures
- Managing the transaction and sanction monitoring programs
What We’re Looking For
- 5 or more years’ experience in the investment dealer industry, including experience in compliance roles
- Completion of University degree
- Work experience with derivatives such as Canadian exchange traded futures and options
- Obtained or working towards CSC
- 3+ years of experience in trade surveillance related compliance and pre-trade risk controls is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in anti-money laundering compliance with a broker dealer is preferred
- Trader training course, options supervisor course, or conducts and Practices Handbook Course
- Obtained or working towards Certificate in Investment Dealer Compliance
What you will Bring
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of the Electronic Trading Rules, Universal Market Integrity Rules, Canada’s AML regulations applicable to a Broker Dealer and other IIROC and CSA regulations.
- Experience working with Market Data systems such as Thompson Reuters and Bloomberg.
- Strong communication, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access. Good working ability with MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills; proficient at providing and accepting feedback.
- Comprehensive knowledge in IIROC trading
Fidelity Canada is anequal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering adiverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants foremployment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, familystatus, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or anyother legally-protected ground.
Accommodation duringthe application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encouragesapplications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available onrequest for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require anaccommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiriesor agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please beadvised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to berecipients of the following:
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers (5th consecutive year) 2021
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (9th consecutive year) 2021
- Canada’s Top Family Friendly Employer (4th consecutive year) 2021
- Imagine Canada, Caring Company
- Canada’s Top Employer For Young People 2021
- National HR Awards - Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program Award, Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award
- Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- Canadian Compassionate Companies Award
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- An Imagine Canada Caring Company