EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their business internationally. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian exporters go, grow and succeed internationally, the marketing team has an ambitious agenda to deepen exporter engagement through digital capabilities and analytics-based marketing programs. As part of the business development group, the marketing team is seeking an individual contributor to accelerate its measurement & analytics practice across the marketing performance portfolio to therefore increase awareness of EDC across current and potential Canadian exporters.
As a marketing measurement specialist, you will be responsible for developing and deploying measurement frameworks across the entire marketing, with a concentrated focus on demand generation to continuously enhance exporter marketing programs. As an exceptional communicator, the candidate will leverage a consistent measurement framework to share program and customer insights to marketing leaders and team members to inform & enhance marketing performance across the full value stream (data, analysis, insight and action/recommendation). The candidate will manage the ROI framework for marketing, leveraging measures such as ROAS (return on Ad spend), CPA (cost per acquisition) and other metrics demonstrating the impact of marketing. The successful candidate should have a strong drive for results while striving for quality improvement to impact business results and customer experience.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements
- Establishes analytical and measurement framework to continuously enhance marketing programs, customer engagement and experience with the overall goal of increasing impact of marketing and digital channels.
- Leads monitoring, analysis and evaluation of results of initiatives in order to recommend improvements and measure return on investment.
- Provides reporting via visually compelling PowerBI dashboards to provide insight and visibility to results.
- Provide consultation to Demand Generation team on marketing performance and conversion rates to help with data-driven decision making.
- Leverages tools to evaluate all aspects of digital marketing programs to influence future direction.
- Accelerates analytical marketing expertise as part of an integrated marketing model through sharing results, best practices, processes and internal capabilities.
- Incorporates other research, outside data and evaluation tools to build insight and story, augmenting analytical practice.
- Develops and maintains automatic scorecards and reporting in PowerBI to support marketing and agile teams in decision making, experiment design, to support the analysis, application development and data driven marketing techniques.
- Works with Data from Marketing Automation Platform, CRM, and the web to create insights.
- Is skilled at merging data and understands the marketing funnel.
- Undertakes detailed data analysis of marketing, web/digital, customer/exporter data to provide reporting, forecasts and storytelling around results to extract insights, recommendations, to improve outcomes and results of marketing programs.
- Integrates data analysis and models into systems which support marketing, strategy development and decision making.
- Develops new analysis methodologies and influences design of technologies supporting future analytical capabilities.
- Liaises other data management functions as required both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and effective communication skills
- Strong business focus
- Customer (Exporter) focus with particular emphasis on conversion (digital literacy)
- Drive for results and self-motivated
- Authentic approach and personal excellence
- Demonstrated experience in business analysis
- Demonstration experience in data visualization and storytelling
- Experience creating PowerBI dashboards
- Experience with web analytics an asset, particularly Adobe Analytics
- Ability to code in SQL and/or SAS, DAX an asset
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration; Marketing or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business intelligence, media effectiveness, or marketing measurement field
- Advanced knowledge of marketing principles and practices
- Experience developing an analytics approach for media/marketing programs
- Experience calculating a corporate ROI of a marketing program
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Experience with Agile Marketing delivery