EDC is seeking a Senior Advisor who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and resourceful to join the ESG Strategy & Outreach team within the Sustainable Business & Enablement group. The ESG Strategy & Outreach team works closely with lines of business, support functions and the broader ESG teams to execute the ESG strategy at EDC. The team is also responsible for reporting to the Board of Directors on the progress of EDC’s ESG initiatives.
Reporting to the Director, ESG Strategy & Outreach, the incumbent will work as an integral part of the ESG team in order to collate information and generate comprehensive and engaging reporting (including professional Power Point Presentations) for the Board of Directors.
- The Senior Advisor will be focused on three main areas:
- Compiling & synthesizing information on ESG initiatives.
- Using a broad understanding of ESG in order to provide intel into trends, risks and best practices regarding all aspects of ESG.
- Creating highly professional documents and Power Point presentations for a wide distribution of stakeholders, including ESG Executive Committee and the Board or Directors.
- Utilizes strong interpersonal and communication skills to build a network across the Corporation, as well as effective time management and organizational skills to respond to ad hoc environmental and social risk related request.
- Works with teams across EDC to increase employee awareness and engagement around ESG initiatives.
- The successful candidate will have a high level of exposure to the Executives and the Board of Directors. This role requires someone who is detail-oriented, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage and consult with business areas, client facing experience, and a foundational background in ESG.
- Develop/maintain mechanisms to stay current on progress of various ESG initiatives across EDC business lines and broader ESG teams;
- Stay current on best practices and industry trends related to ESG;
- Collate, interpret and synthesize data into engaging and comprehensive reports and communications material;
- Create visually stunning, professional Power Point presentations;
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including internal teams on matters related to implementation of EDC’s ESG strategy;
- Lead internal communications efforts with teams across organizations to ensure understanding and operationalization of ESG initiatives;
- Plan and coordinate of engagement with EDC Board of Directors;
- Co-ordinate and prepare materials for senior leadership and executives;
- Serves as the main point of contact for the for Materiality Assessment and Liaises with external consultants and coordinates their efforts to ensure they are delivering on EDC’s requirements;
- Design and deliver education materials, training for EDC’s employees on ESG topics;
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Environmental Science, ecological sciences Social Sciences or in a similar discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in ESG, risk management or related experience;
- Excellent relationship and influence management skills with the ability to build productive relationships across teams and levels of seniority;
- Results-oriented, highly motivated with a great ability to influence others;
- Great attention to detail, proactive and responsive to short deadlines;
- Autonomy, initiative and capacity for peer and self-learning;
- Leads others to solve complex problems and effectively manages complex projects with multiple stakeholders;
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve processes or services;
- Experience working with diverse sets of stakeholders including, business teams, corporate committees, executives and Board members;
- High proficiency in PPT, Excel.
- Master's in an ESG related field such as sustainability, environmental sciences, social sciences, communications, compliance or Finance-related subject
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Experience working with boards of directors, advisory councils and executive committees
- Experience in corporate sustainability and responsibility issues within the financial services sector
- Knowledge of emerging frameworks and best practice such as, but not limited to, the TCFD, UNGP on Business and Human Rights, Principles on Responsible Investment
- Experience in communications and change management
- $89,000-$133,600, plus performance-based bonus