Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in the fast-evolving field of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) in the financial sector? Our ESG Strategy and Outreach Team is currently building a team of professionals to focus on providing high-value, advisory services to Canadian exporter’s facing rapidly evolving ESG landscape. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on customer strategy, advisory focus on climate risk, decarbonization and supply chain.
The Principal Climate Advisor is a strategic, highly impactful role. The qualifying candidate should demonstrate knowledge on climate-related international agreements, regulatory frameworks, and strategies for enabling the transition to a low-carbon economy. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of new service offerings and be responsible for delivering successful client engagements and solutions. This role requires using exceptional communication skills with a network of internal and external stakeholders, as well as credible technical expertise to engage and advice to EDC’s clients.
- Manage multiple mandates at the same time while building strong collaboration relationships with clients and multiple teams across EDC globally.
- Provide Net Zero Carbon support including the completion of GHG Emissions Baselines, GHG Emissions Reduction Trajectories and development of Net Zero Carbon Strategies.
- Support customers to set credible Net Zero Carbon and GHG Emissions Reduction Targets, familiarity with Science Based Targets (SBTs) is preferable.
- Identify opportunities to implement strategic and innovative client advisory services to support clients across a broad array of sectors.
- With support of leadership team, design and execute strategic approach to understanding complex clients’ needs and recommend insightful and pragmatic ESG solutions.
- Deliver successful ESG client engagements and developing new service offering with the ability to demonstrate expectational results while regularly exceeding external customer expectation.
- Provide thorough leadership and participate in knowledge transfer within the organization and EDC’s clients.
- Responsible for ongoing market and regulatory intelligence on climate and other key environmental topics to provide industry leading insight to facilitate leading advice to ECD’s clients.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and enhance ESG practices and process to ensure alignment on ESG strategic outcome.
- Proactively drive innovation of EDC’s ESG advisory services while playing a pivotal role in shaping advisory services including ESG content design, ESG maturity tools and customer- focused solutions.
- Resolve a diverse range of related of ESG challenges/ issues/ problems to solve with advisory mandate and escalate to management when required.
Attributes and Skills
- Experience in delivery and manage strategy framework for Net Zero initiatives across a large segment of industry including decarbonization roadmaps and supplier decarbonization while working with third-party partnership on external agreements.
- Proactively seeks out way to better address EDC’s clients’ need to become more sustainable and evolve their ESG practices.
- Share EDC’s vision for helping business to develop their ESG knowledge in order to acquire key competitive advantage in the internal arena.
- Ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise while demonstrating the ability to develop relationship with potential clients.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills with exceptional PowerPoint skills
- Work closely with distribution channel (e.g digital and knowledge product team) to ensure they are embedding ESG focus customer experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to communicate, influence and partner at all seniority level.
- Share our team’s passion for helping business in advancing and to become more sustainable.
- Proven consultation and collaboration skills with experience working shoulder-to shoulder with senior management for success with solid, demonstrated business & executive acumen.
- Advanced degree(s) in Environmental Science, Engineering, Sustainability, or other relevant area
- 10+ years of experience in the following ESG/ Sustainability Consulting/ supply/ value chain in climate risk
- Experience developing and implementing climate change mitigation and planning including Science Based Targets (SBTs) as well as carbon reduction strategies and workshops
- Experience in solving ESG organizational issues in environmentally sustainable operations, reporting to climate change impact, climate resilience, TCFD and other relating climate reporting framework
- Understanding of ESG frameworks SASB, UN, PRI, GRI
- Experience in complex project management with strong problem-solving and communication skills
- An interest and ability to stay current on evolving in ESG topics while sharing and delivering staff training and development of key ESG client’s contents
- Mentor and educate supporting team members to increase level of knowledge base
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, including the ability to interpret financial indicators, develop and or adopt innovative ideas and apply knowledge of the business to advance climate change mitigation
- Participates in a culture of continuous improvement using Lean/Agile approaches to streamline operations.
- Bilingual French and English
- Experience with procurement lifecycle, such as sourcing, supplier sourcing, supplier management, purchasing and integrating ESG requirements in business activities to develop competitive advantage
- Experience performing materiality assessment, stakeholder mapping, examination of UN SDG”S formulation of ESG strategy and alignment of long-term corporate and ESG
- Previous Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
- $106,500 - $159,700, plus performance-based incentive
- For this position, EDC is recruiting top talent across Canada. We offer full flexibility to work remotely. However, ability to work onsite is preferred.