The Azure Data Platform Engineer will be responsible for leading the delivery of EDC’s data and analytics platforms. Working in an agile team structure, this role is at the front end of building platforms involving public clouds and modern data and analytics technologies. We are seeking an individual that has experience in designing technology solutions, leading teams and leading partners to achieve the best results for EDC. This is an incredible opportunity to be involved in building and operating a modern data & analytics platform, be a part of an amazing company and have a role which directly benefits Canadian exporters.
- Designs, develops, assesses, modifies, adapts, integrates and implements short- and long-term data and analytics platform solutions leveraging new and existing technology such as cloud infrastructure, network systems and application infrastructure, primarily in the Azure cloud platform;
- Reviews technical requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs, implements and maintains technical platform software solutions through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC);
- Conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that platforms meet or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements;
- Ensures that platform improvements and platform tests are successfully completed and documented, all problems are resolved, and platforms are successfully implemented;
- Responsibilities are within the IT Development Discipline as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees activities related to the design, development and integration of data and analytics platforms. The data & analytics platforms include full technology stacks for Data Lake, Data Integration, Business Intelligence and Machine Learning/Analytics;
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing platforms and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these platforms;
- Reviews requirements, design and platform statistics to provide direction to system programmers and manages third party vendor (managed services) relationships;
- Develops standards and processes for coding, deployment, testing, and governance;
- Leads the provision of expertise for the complex elevated technical support issues including solution lifecycle management.
- Leads the lifecycle management activities to ensure the continuous operations and evolution of data and analytics platforms and underlying cloud services
- Developing Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code to automate provisioning of machine learning environments to enable experimentation, staging and production operations
- Designing technical environments for data and analytics platform that meet the needs for secure, reliability, scalability, and performance. That includes, but not limited to, configuration management, highly automated cloud architectures, systems engineering, and platform metrics analytics;
- Experience providing leadership in the delivery and maintenance of cloud platform automation services
- Designs, builds and implements batch and event based data integration pipelines for automated data access, orchestration, and synchronization of data.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or in a related field;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in IT systems development or related experience;
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems development principles and practices;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the designing and building of data and analytics platforms in support of data science and machine learning operation services.
- Direct experience with Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking, and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Experience with:
- Azure data and analytics platforms such as Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks and Azure Machine Learning or
- SAS Viya 3.5 Unified Insights Plus or SAS Viya 4 Visual Data Science Decisioning products;
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such as Azure AD, RBAC, ACL.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Source Control, ARM templates, JSON, Bash and deployment automation.
- Familiar with deployment orchestration and configuration management tools (Azure DevOps, Terraform, CI/CD).
- Knowledge of containerization and applicable technologies such as Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS), Docker and Azure Container Instances (ACI)
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools
- Experience with Test Automation
- Knowledge of Model Development and Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) practices such as Microsoft’s Team Data Science Process, CRISP-DM and CRISP-ML(Q)
- Experience in working in Linux environment;
- Experience with Azure Event Hub and other event driven architecture/integration services
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible
- Implementing process automation;
- Implementing CI/CD best practices.
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- $89,000 - $133,600, plus performance-based incentive
- For this position, EDC is recruiting top talent across Canada. We offer full flexibility to work remotely. However, ability to work onsite is preferred.