In 2020, senior management presented to the Board of Directors an integrated digital strategy and transformation roadmap to meet the long-term corporate aspirations of EDC. The strategy has been approved by the Board of Directors and is now in start-up mode. Most recently, a centralized transformation office (TO) has been created which incorporates all orchestration, change, culture and technology teams. TO employees are empowered to deliver impactful solutions and sustainable change to our exporter platforms and employee experience, while evolving ways of working and bringing the exporter at the center of the design cycle.
EDC seeks a tenured leader to lead a team of agile coaches. By promoting new ways of working, you’ll optimize our client experience improving at an accelerated pace. Are you someone who is seen as an agile expert? Do you love to coach and mentor others? Then come join our Agile Center of Excellence team as a Director, Agile Coach Chapter Lead, reporting to the Vice-President, Agile Center of Excellence (CoE). This is a role that entails the following:
- Player-Coach Role – This person will have the responsibilities of the agile coaches community that are deployed in stable teams within the organization.
- Coaching and Building Agile expertise – The Director, Agile Coach Chapter Lead should be considered to have advanced Agile knowledge and proven coaching skills. They will be responsible for building Agile expertise and increasing efficiencies within their organization, working closely with the Agile Scrum Master Chapter Lead and the VP, Agile CoE.
- Strong partnership with lines of business and other IT Chapter Leads will be imperative as you will play a key role deploying skilled team members that will enable agility within teams. As someone who is deeply passionate about agile and a proven change agent, you thrive in ambiguity and look to build a great team, acting as a servant leader.
Key Responsibilities #LI-Hybri
- Builds, leads, and coaches a high performing team of agile coaches
- Contributes to building Agile standards and ensures consistency of practices across all agile coaches at EDC
- Hires, evaluates, and provides guidance and training as necessary to develop team members
- Coaches team members and supports with hands on execution to mentor/coach as required
- Enables a continuous learning environment, identifying ways to strengthen the team's understanding of Agile/Scrum/Kanban concepts and principles
- Acts as a key stakeholder and champion of the broader EDC Agile transformation journey
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years related work experience, with proven hands-on agile experience
- Minimum 5 years of leading large cross-functional agile teams on major organizational technology initiatives as an agile coach
- Minimum 5 years leadership and change management experience
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles and frameworks
- Enthusiastic and skilled in coaching, mentoring and improving Agile practices across the organization
- Advanced agile coach certification required, such as DA Coach (DAC), DA Value Stream Consultant (DAVSC), SAFe SPC
- Exceptional collaboration, communication and influencing skills
- Bilingualism in both official languages (French and English)*
*However, in the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. Both bilingual and unilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Financial Services and technical experience preferred
- $124,800 - $187,300, plus performance-based incentive