We are passionate, we are energized, and we are building the future to better support Canadian exporters win internationally.
Reporting to the Director, Data Delivery, you will be accountable for driving EDC’s data modernization & transformation strategy by providing the Product development leadership for the data initiatives in support of EDC’s transformation. You will be accountable to provide data product expertise to lead the execution of deliverables by coordinating the feature development activities of the squad and lines of business partners. You will work with the business partners to ensure the adoption of outcomes and transition to sustainability in support of EDC’s 2030 strategy.
The Data Product Owner is accountable for delivering and optimizing the value of the Master Data products.
- Lead a stream of development, sustainment, or fulfillment in support of multiple master data products.
- Define and communicate the product vision, providing clear direction to the development team and proactively monitoring analysis and recommendation of choices based on the business strategy, customer needs and use cases.
- Establish, prioritize, and communicate the product backlog to stakeholders.
- Establish metrics to monitor adoption and measure benefits of MDM data products.
- Leverage technology and data strategy product design choices and recommend existing and emerging technology and product design.
- Contribute to data strategy with product roadmaps
- Consistently represent the voice of the customer in product discussions and decisions, taking a data driven approach to choice making.
- Identify MVP approach and release cycle with scalable product development, identify the choices for iterative development.
- Work with MDM lead product owner, data architecture, data strategy and data platform teams to align to product vision.
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or in a related field
- Acted in the role of Product Owner on a scrum team for a significant technology implementation
- Minimum 7 years’ experience guiding the development and implementation of Data solutions
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of agile development, principles & practices
- Experience leading large, cross-business impact initiatives
- Knowledge and experience of MDM Solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification
- Knowledge of the banking and/or insurance industries
- $89,000 – $133,600, plus performance-based incentive
- Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa.