ViiV Healthcare is seeking an experienced, results-driven professional in Specialty Sales for the position of Territory Manager (TM) on the long-acting Injectable Sales team (Cabenuva). The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment and work with HCPs will be essential to delivering success in this role. Additionally, the abilities to partner cross-functionally and to remain highly adaptable in a launch context will be critical. It is expected that the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives in accordance with territory and account level goals.
Successful outcomes will include selling to HCPs, servicing their accounts, and being aligned to ViiV Healthcare’s mission of leaving no person with HIV behind.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver Results Through Exceptional Sales and Service
- Identify, target, and win new business by influencing working with HCPs to adopt a new approach to HIV treatment
- Engage with HCPs, nurses, staff, and administrators to accurately understand the clinical, organizational, and financial challenges and opportunities within target accounts
- Leverage data analytics, business acumen, and market expertise to identify high-priority prospects
- Prepare and execute business plans that are tailored to the unique needs of each customer and that help HCPs scale their treatment model to reach more patients
- Coordinate, engage, and partner with multiple cross-functional team members to deliver an integrated product experience to customers
- Maintain a portfolio-based selling mindset and close internal communication loops to ensure customers experience a cohesive, integrated ViiV
- Provide exceptional customer service by proactively anticipating and addressing HCP problems, needs and requests
- Deliver and adapt execution plans to achieve performance goals and objectives utilizing; KPIs, scaling of successes, business problem solving, etc.
- Develop and foster external relationships with key influential customers and thought leaders
- Compliance, Accountabilities, and Values Based Culture
- Act in ways consistent with ViiV’s culture, expectations, and values
- Be an agent of change by embracing the ambiguity in a launch environment and seeing setbacks as opportunities to learn and grow
- Escalate issues and risks when needed; display courage by ‘speaking up’
- Understand and follow key compliance and regulatory guidelines
- Communicate and collaborate with National Sales Director, fellow specialist representatives and cross-functional partners (marketing, medical, community etc.)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- 9+ years pharmaceutical sales experience as consistent top performer, of which should include a minimum of 4 years’ specialty experience
- Proven ability to build and leverage a network of specialist physicians
- Sales experience with injectable products
- Experience partnering cross functionally with other field-based team members
- Experience launching new products
- Experience in developing strategic business plans with specific, measurable, action-oriented objectives
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight travel, majority of time will be spent in market
- Valid Driver's License
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or Life Sciences
- Experience successfully selling working with Specialty Pharmacies
- Experience working with HCPs to procure, manage, and administer cold chain treatment products
- Knowledge of the HIV market
- Strong planning and organization skills, analytical ability, business acumen, decision making ability, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate cross-functionally in a matrixed environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This position requires the employee to drive routinely on Company business and allows for the provision of a company – leased vehicle. However, to be eligible for this position and a company vehicle, GSK will need to obtain acceptable results from a license verification inquiry and drivers abstract review against its safe driver program requirements.