As Medical Science Liaison (MSL) you will be responsible for providing non-promotional, medical support to ensure the safe and effective use of GSK’s products, through effective scientific interactions with key external stakeholders (external experts, healthcare professionals, advocates, and organizations), supporting clinical development colleagues with investigators conducting GSK clinical trials, and providing scientific support for GSK internal stakeholders. The MSL will provide scientific clinical information and support our external stakeholders in a manner consistent with GSK’s principles for scientific engagement. Therapeutically aligned, field-based position, where frequent travel is required (up to 70%).
- Identify, establish, and maintain scientific peer-to-peer relationships with key external experts in Respiratory by presenting balanced scientific data, supporting advanced medical educational opportunities, and providing scientific support with the highest of industry standards following GSK values, policies, standards, applicable laws, and regulations.
- Be the scientific field-based expert in Respiratory in the territory and maintain a deep understanding and knowledge of diseases, treatments, and the competitive landscape to ensure excellent scientific dialogue and clinical knowledge translation.
- Be agile and adaptable to interface and provide value across a continuum of both internal and external stakeholders (External experts and other healthcare professionals within assigned geography/therapy area, investigators and potential investigators, professional societies, advocacy groups, and formulary decision-makers) in a non-promotional manner and be responsive to unsolicited inquires.
- Serve as the primary interface between the healthcare community within your territory and the internal GSK teams to gather insights that inform current and future business strategies.
- Attend and provide scientific support at medical exhibits and scientific sessions at regional, national, and international medical conferences as required.
- Provide scientific training for GSK sales representatives regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat utilizing approved sales training materials.
- Work seamlessly with clinical development teams to identify potential clinical trial sites and support clinical development activities in Canada and provide scientific support to GSK internal stakeholders as required.
- Exceptional aptitude to apply and leverage scientific and medical data while establishing scientific credibility while enabling peer-to-peer discussion and debate is essential.
- Excellent public speaker, with outstanding scientific presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and strategic execution of medical affairs plan in your territory.
- Sound negotiation, leadership, and organization skills.
- A valid driver's license is required for this field-based position.
- Ability to work independently and ability to travel throughout the territory up to 70%
- An advanced post-graduate scientific degree (MD, Ph.D., Pharm D) is preferred.
- Previous experience in Respiratory in a medical affairs position with established relationships/connections with associated healthcare professionals and external experts is preferred.
- Knowledge of regulations governing medical information exchange with healthcare professionals within the Canadian pharmaceutical environment.
- Familiarity with reimbursement processes in Canada.