This Oncology MSL role supporting Ontario provides non-promotional medical support, helping ensure the safe and effective use of GSK medicines, by creating effective scientific interactions with Healthcare Professionals and professional associations. Through deep expertise and strong external interactions, the MSL plays a critical role in developing insights which support the development and execution of innovative medical affairs strategies and plans.
- Work collaboratively with the Medical Affairs Director, Scientific Advisor and Medical Science Liaison Team to develop and execute Oncology Medical Plans.
- Responsible for Oncology portfolio.
- Establish professional relationships with academic health care professionals, professional associations, and other key stakeholders to reactively provide a fair and balanced scientific exchange of medical information, modeling the highest standards of medical integrity and governance.
- Respond to unsolicited inquiries for medical information from external experts.
- Operate as the field based scientific/medical expert.
- Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of disease, its treatment, and the competitive landscape.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (i.e. Commercial, Market Access, Regulatory) to execute Oncology business plans.
- Respond to external expert requests surrounding investigator-initiated studies.
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Development personnel to identify potential clinical trial sites.
- Support clinical development activities in Canada and provide scientific support to GSK internal stakeholders, as required.
- Advanced post graduate scientific degree required (i.e. MD, PhD, PharmD).
- Experience in Oncology therapy area is necessary to meet changing business needs.
- Exceptional aptitude to apply and leverage scientific and medical data while establishing scientific credibility while enabling peer-to-peer discussion and debate is essential.
- Familiarity with reimbursement in Canada.
- Sound negotiation and leadership skills.
- Excellent public speaker, with outstanding presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team orientation and the ability to work closely with cross-functional partners.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently interact with external experts.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter and innovator.
- Demonstrated professional and ethical behavior.
- Knowledge of regulations governing information provision to customers within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills at the therapeutic level.
- Must possess a good understanding of the Canadian marketplace.
- A valid driver's license is required for this field-based position.
- Ability to work independently and ability to travel throughout Ontario up to 70%.
- Prior experience working in the Medical Affairs function for the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry with prior external expert relationships in Oncology is strongly preferred.