We are searching for resourceful, decisive, innovative team players to add value to Canada's premier pharmaceutical company. If you are an energetic, career-minded professional with a passion for leadership, a focus on solutions, and a commitment to outstanding performance, we invite you to apply to our exciting and rewarding role.
Required Skills: Research/Analytical & Project Management
In this position you may participate in:
Research / Analytical
- Be an active member of a therapeutically aligned Medical Affairs team and assist in the development and execution of local medical strategies.
- Contribute to the development and advancement of Medical deliverables by providing scientific support for therapy area products
- Participate on cross-functional therapy area teams, as appropriate, to identify local data gaps.
- Strategically monitor new literature and GSK global publications strategy and ensure timely alerts and internal stakeholder communications
- Support Scientific Advisors in pooling scientific evidence related to disease area, product situational scan and competitive landscape
- Assist with report writing and coordination of publications and medical writing to support data dissemination activities
- Support the development of fair, scientifically balanced presentations and written materials to address customer needs (sales training, etc).
- Support Health Outcomes team with evidence generation tactics and formulary submissions to reimbursement bodies
- Assist with the planning and execution of local research studies (investigator-sponsored studies and GSK sponsored studies led by Medical Affairs, including health outcomes studies).
- Assist with the planning and execution of Advisory Boards
- Advance other projects to support Medical Affairs activities (i.e., issue management, special projects, literature search, formulary submission, etc).
- University Science degree. Working towards an advanced post-graduate degree in the sciences (Biology, Pharmacology, etc.)
- Strong research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interface with external, internal and GSK international customers in a matrix environment (responsiveness, “can-do” attitude, tact, ability to facilitate group meetings).
- Innovative, solution-based thinker. If given step 1 and 2, demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity and build upon what is needed and known. Clarify and ask questions. Demonstrated ability to determine and take next steps. Accountable for results.
- Entrepreneurial (strategic mindset), creative, persuasive individual who works well in a team environment.
- Results oriented with proven ability to shift priorities at short notice and work to demanding deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative, lead projects
- Results oriented with a proven ability to prioritize work and meet challenging deadlines.
- Clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills. Well developed communication skills including listening, summarizing, probing, clarifying
- Strong computer skills to work with various databases and MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- University degree in Health Sciences preferred.
- Specific training in clinical research or medical information would be an asset, but is not required.