Strategic Sourcing Specialist - IT Category Management
Apply now »
Date: Aug 5, 2022
Company: Independent Electricity System Operator
INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR
Senior Procurement Specialist
Location of Position: Mississauga
The Senior Procurement Specialist will report to the Supervisor, Procure to Pay
A seasoned procurement specialist with experience in the public sector, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of work related to the management of the IESO’s sourcing of complex IT solutions, planning for and maintaining expert knowledge of the IT business to ensure consistency in the application of the full cycle procurement process, and leading the negotiation and execution of contracts. Reporting to the Supervisor of Procurement, you will develop innovative sourcing strategies that enable the IESO’s advancement of its technologies, while ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, directives, trade agreements, policies and control frameworks.
What you’ll do
- Provide strategic procurement advice, guidance and assistance including the interpretation and explanation of procurement practice standards, policies and procedures to a broad client base, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and facilitate procurement planning, collaborating across IT Business Units to successfully implement procurement strategies that foster alignment of similar needs, account for emerging or changing technologies, achieve value for spend, and utilize a flexible approach of innovative strategies.
- Manage the IESO’s competitive procurement process, including the development of complex solicitation documents; facilitation of the evaluation process; and drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Conduct risk analysis on areas such as single/sole sourcing justifications, market trends, technology life cycles, cybersecurity, contract terms and other procurement related areas of risk and provide recommendations to business units and management as necessary to make risk informed decisions.
- Coordinate all correspondence throughout the procurement process with internal and external stakeholders, including government stakeholders and contract managers
- Participate in special projects as assigned by the Supervisor, which may include developing and delivering training or information sessions; or building continuous improvement tools.
- Maintain an awareness of the latest developments in the areas of sourcing strategies and innovations, procurement law, and contract administration to contribute to strategic discussions with Business Units, Directors and Managers.
- Maintain market intelligence for robust vendor screening and monitoring as well as emerging technology trends.
What you need to succeed
Must have [OR Required]
- Minimum of 8-10 years progressively responsible experience in the procurement of IT hardware and software solutions in an organization of similar size, complexity and diversity, including development of competitive sourcing documents, negotiating and contract drafting.
- Understanding of public sector procurement practices and procurement related contract law with sufficient familiarity of legal terminology to be able to interpret and understand a variety of contractual terms and conditions.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with proven experience in creating solicitation documents, contracts, statements of work, formal reports and other relevant correspondence.
- Commitment to client service, with an ability to work within a variety of team environments.
Nice to have [OR Assets]
- Leadership and project management skills.
- Experience working in an IT related field, or demonstrated understanding of technical aspects of a variety of technology types (including both hardware and software, cloud and on-premise)
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Experience in conducting comprehensive risk assessments and developing recommendations on risk mitigation to senior leadership
What’s in it for you
• A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
• A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
• Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
• The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
For future reference, please ensure to save a copy of the job description as it will no longer be available once the posting closes.