As a Medical Lab Assistant, you will play a key role in the testing and diagnostic process for a wide range of patients.
This is a Full-Time (Day) position at 44 Great Northern Road in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.
Successful candidates are required to cover flexible shifts to support work/life balance. LifeLabs also provides first aid training, continuing education opportunities, and excellent opportunities for career growth and advancement.
In this role you will:
- Unpack and sort a wide variety of incoming specimens received from sources including physicians, clinics, hospitals, and mobile LifeLabs technicians.
- Confirm the accuracy of all patient information on requisitions and specimen samples, resolve any problems or inaccuracies prior to testing, and perform required data entry.
- Prepare and sort specimens for technical analysis.
- Train and orient new team members.
- Perform weekly and monthly maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Conduct all work in full compliance with all laboratory safety and security policies and regulations.
The right person for this role is an organized and detail-oriented individual with good problem solving and customer service skills. Some key qualities include flexibility, accountability, and attention to detail. Other requirements include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a variety of tasks throughout the day.
- Data entry and computer skills.
- Prior experience in laboratory operations or medical terminology an asset.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team, and can live these values with us every day.