Do you want to help improve patients’ healthcare outcomes? Now you can. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician to join our team in Belleville, Ontario. This is an important role in patient care and our business, and will let you see the difference that you make in patients’ lives. This is a Part Time role working the Flexible Shift suitable for an individual with a flexible weekday schedule.
- Responsible for carrying out a diverse range of work activities; ensure all duties and responsibilities are prioritized and handled with accuracy and efficiency providing quality results.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specimen handling requirements and prioritization of specimens and results, following LifeLabs Procedures
- Data entry of specimens, while triaging testing as appropriate.
- Perform manual and automated testing in accordance with LifeLabs Procedures under the direct supervision of a medical laboratory technologist
- Perform procedures required to address Quality Assurance indicators as defined, consulting with resources where necessary
- Identify incidents and non-conformances; escalate as appropriate
- Conduct and record instrument/equipment maintenance at appropriate, defined intervals
- Prepare and utilize reagents and controls using defined procedures
- Ensure confidentiality of patient information
- Monitor and maintain adequate amounts and proper usage of laboratory supplies
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment
- Ensure bio hazardous and routine garbage is handled in compliance with Environment, Health and Safety procedures
- Work in a manner that protects one’s own health & safety as well as the safety of co-workers and others, and that is consistent with the law and with safe work practices and procedures established by LifeLabs.
Are you a good fit?
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence, and can live these values with us every day. LifeLabs is seeking individuals who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, while adhering to LifeLabs’ standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency. Do you have:
- High School diploma
- WHMIS training
- Registered Laboratory Assistant (OSMT) optional
- Previous laboratory experience preferred (Chemistry or Hematology)
- Laboratory environment: may handle bio hazardous materials and chemicals/reagents