Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
our commitment that equity, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees with recent additions to promote inclusive coverage to a diverse employee population. These recent additions include gender affirmation and fertility drug and treatment coverage
membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent employees
virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes, nutritional consultations and wellness seminars
we offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
Innovators are limitless. Within HOOPP’s IT division, we push beyond corporate technological norms to bring our members, Fund and enterprise the most efficient, secure and innovative solutions. We support one of the best pension funds in the world – and we need people who are passionate and up for the challenge.
Our IT Corporate Solutions Group (CSG) is looking for an experienced individual who can fill a permanent, fulltime Senior Business Analyst role, enabling and supporting our IT Finance department.
We Need You to:
- Have a strong understanding of Finance and the Oracle Financials Cloud ERP platform
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly in various technologies and possess a strong learning mindset
- Communicate complex information and ideas - simply
- Be people-focused – both clients and teammates
- Enjoy investigating and solving complex problems
Why you will love working with CSG:
- We are a valued part of the IT division that is foundational to HOOPP’s daily operations
- We ensure the organization leverages the most effective cloud-based technology and software to allow cross-team collaboration while working in the office or remotely
- We are responsible for supporting HOOPP’s divisions with strategic, configurable, and innovative solutions to solve business issues and enhance operational efficiencies.
- We are a hybrid work force, with our teams working remotely and onsite. We offer a flexible working environment.
- Our efficiency, focus and hard work is complimented with a social and enthusiastic attitude.
- We are a diverse group of people and that is one of our greatest strengths. We are animal lovers, golfers, mountain bikers, hikers, amateur chefs and foodies, parents and game board enthusiasts. We are collegial and enjoy each other’s company.
- We push each other to be our best selves and we can’t wait to expand our work family.
Why you’ll love working at HOOPP:
- Help us deliver on our pension promise. You’ll be helping take care of over 400,000 Ontario healthcare workers, who take care of us every day. At HOOPP, we have one goal and that is to provide our members with a secure retirement income for life.
- Be part of a high-performance culture that reflects our core values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. Our core values: professional, accountable, compassionate, collaborative, and trustworthy, unite our employees and drive how we approach our work. We embrace equity and diversity and foster an inclusive environment so all our employees can thrive.
- Fun! Work hard and play hard. Our teams are passionate about what they do and the impact they’re making – and we work hard for it. We also know how to let loose and have fun!
- Robust benefits package for your overall well-being. You will have access to our world-class defined benefit pension, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits, annual health and wellness reimbursement program, and virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes.
What you will do:
You will wear many hats and be comfortable juggling multiple stakeholders and priorities, with an emphasis on:
- Consulting Mindset – actively listen to business and technical to help navigate discussions and solutions to achieve effective, simple outcomes with the biggest ROI for time and effort invested by both teams. Possess the ability to present well thought out ideas to the business and team leadership understanding the needs of different stakeholders
- Senior Analysis Skills – Capable of requirements gathering interfacing with multiple finance business areas, speak the "language" between business and developers and able to craft user stories. You also are able to do testing and documentation providing evidence of wearing multiple hats in the SDLC. Able to deal in detail but also rise above detail when necessary. You enjoy providing guidance and mentorship to team members, across all levels
- Drive Deliverables to Done – Your ability to understand what needs to be done, work independently when needed, and to carry and lead initiatives. You understand the needs of other team members and value efficiency to help reduce churn and optimize the team and business’ time
- Be an “Agent of Positivity” - Be enthusiastic and eager to contribute your senior skill set to a highly functioning team and be willing to get your hands dirty to do whatever needs to be done (including documentation and testing)
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Accounting field or equivalent work experience of 7+ years in a related role within the information technology industry
- Accounting designation or experience working with Finance would be an asset
- The successful candidate will have experience with:
- Oracle ERP Cloud Financials (AP, GL, FA, & CM) – setup, configuration, and functions. Working knowledge of Procurement & Tax modules would also be an asset
- Advanced SQL knowledge and Excel skills
- Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI) and BI Publisher
- Additional experience with the following technologies would be favourable:
- Oracle EPM (ePBCS) – supporting integrations with Oracle Financials Cloud
- Power BI – building new reports and dashboards
- Automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Playwright) – developing automated regression tests
- Write complex SQL queries to extract data from Oracle ERP application via the BI Publisher tools
- Coordinate quarterly patch testing with business users and support them during UAT execution cycles
- Research technologies and tools to provide recommendations in the development of new business solutions
- Sound time management skills to prioritize assignments and balance personal workload
- Experience working in an agile environment, as part of a closely knit and highly motivated scrum team