Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
our commitment that equity, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees with recent additions to promote inclusive coverage to a diverse employee population. These recent additions include gender affirmation and fertility drug and treatment coverage
membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent employees
virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes, nutritional consultations and wellness seminars
we offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
HOOPP’s IT division pushes beyond corporate technological norms to bring our members, our Fund and our enterprise the most innovative, efficient, and secure solutions. We support one of the best pension funds in the world, and we need people who are passionate and up for a challenge.
Our IT Corporate Solutions Group (CSG) is looking for an experienced individual who can fill a permanent, fulltime Senior Systems Developer role enabling our Finance department.
- Innovative, motivated and a quick thinker
- Driven to be a trusted and valued contributor/partner
- Collaborative and a strong team player, adept at building relationships
- Able to thrive under pressure and pivot easily to adapt to change, based on business needs
- Passionate about “moving the needle,” being a change agent and an influencer of growth
- Satisfied in seeing your team’s ideas and dreams become reality to support the business’s objectives and mission of delivering the pension promise to our members
Why you will love working with CSG:
- We are a valued part of the IT division that is foundational to HOOPP’s daily operations
- We ensure the organization leverages the most effective cloud-based technology and software to allow cross-team collaboration while working in the office or remotely
- We are responsible for supporting HOOPP’s divisions with strategic, configurable, and innovative solutions to solve business issues and enhance operational efficiencies
- We are a hybrid work force, with our teams working remotely and onsite. We offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
- Our efficiency, focus and hard work is complemented with a social and enthusiastic attitude
- We are a diverse group of people and that is one of our greatest strengths. We are animal lovers, golfers, mountain bikers, hikers, amateur chefs and foodies, parents and game board enthusiasts. We are collegial and enjoy each other’s company.
- We push each other to be our best selves and we can’t wait to expand our work family.
Why you’ll love working at HOOPP:
- Help us deliver on our pension promise. You’ll be helping take care of over 400,000 Ontario healthcare workers, who take care of us every day. At HOOPP, we have one goal and that is to provide our members with a secure retirement income for life.
- Be part of a high-performance culture that reflects our core values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. Our core values: professional, accountable, compassionate, collaborative, and trustworthy, unite our employees and drive how we approach our work. We embrace equity and diversity and foster an inclusive environment so all our employees can thrive.
- Fun! Work hard and play hard. Our teams are passionate about what they do and the impact they’re making – and we work hard for it. We also know how to let loose and have fun!
- Robust benefits package for your overall well-being. You will have access to our world-class defined benefit pension, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits, annual health and wellness reimbursement program, and virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes.
What you will do:
- Help us deliver new quality features and services to our clients, early and often, improve technical practices, eliminate waste, reduce delivery risks, and participate in issue resolutions.
- Collaborate closely with analysts, developers, DevOps engineers and clients in a high-performing Agile Scrum team.
- Scope, design, implement and test solutions, manage technical operations, triage and fix operational issues using a range of development technologies with code and low code application development.
- Maintain legacy systems and work to transition from them.
- Help the enterprise take full advantage of what the Cloud has to offer.
- Help develop automated tests and workflows, auditable configurations and reports from systems and microservice-based integrations.
- Participate and motivate development practitioners across the department, provide constructive feedback, and drive team and technology improvements such as test automation and DevOps practices
- Create a safe, supportive, and participatory environment that produces ongoing mutual respect
- Ask powerful questions, create awareness, and guide individuals and groups in exploring options and deciding what to do
- Pick up new technology skills and can work across business domains.
Who you are:
- 10+ years’ experience in full stack development
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management or related.
- Experienced delivering major features for financial services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to take end-to-end ownership
- Excellent knowledge of software development principles and design patterns
- Proficient in at least two general purpose languages, such as C#, React JS, Java, Python
- Experienced in at least two development frameworks, such as Spring Boot, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Azure
- Experienced in Modern Web frameworks, Serverless Functions, and development tools such as ServiceNow, SharePoint Online, Power Platform
- Experienced in Test Automation Tools (Selenium)
- Skilled in modern development tools and practices, such as GitHub, CI/CD, unit testing
- Adaptable and can quickly pick up new technology skills, working across multiple business domains