Reports to: Manager, Accounts Receivable
Purpose of the Role: The Accounts Receivable Associate is responsible for the full Accounts Receivable cycle, which includes, billing and revenue recognition, reconciliations and resolving any issues related to incorrect or outstanding payments, collections, and applying customers payments.
This is a full time temporary role for 6 months.
- Produce financial and management reports
- Assist in general financial management and analysis
- Maintain billing system, generate invoices and account statements
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities
- Contact overdue customers for payment
- Handle all incoming billing phone
- Apply cash as per customers instructions
- Minimize / eliminate unapplied cash. Integration of other systems with Oracle Cloud
- Escalate issues to Team Lead and / or Managers, suggesting solutions and preventive measures as well as recommend areas for improvement
- Cooperate and clearly communicate in a timely manner with different stakeholders (Answer questions and requests)
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma, College diploma with a focus on accounting would be preferred
- Previous co-op experience with an accredited college or 1-2 years of account receivable and collections experience
- Understand the AR impact on the Organization financial health
- Understand the accounting principles and practices, invoicing and processing of payments.
- Background in Healthcare industry is considered an asset
- Must have experience with ORACLE and Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and co-workers
- Open to work Onsite 2-3 weeks per month