Director, Workforce Planning (WFP) and Scheduling is responsible for strategic and operational leadership of all Workforce Planning and Scheduling across the full breadth of LifeLabs Operations.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operational Excellence and Support, this is an excellent opportunity for a senior leader with strong analytical and communication skills, as well as financial acumen and a strong process and system orientation to build and implement new processes and systems for LifeLabs that encompass scheduling, demand planning and an ongoing method of optimizing the mix of appointment bookings versus walk-ins for each location across our geographic footprint. The Director WFP and Scheduling will also determine key KPIs for these processes and will build a method of tracking, reporting and managing these KPIs.
This is a significant change for LifeLabs and is a great opportunity for a leader who is skilled at change management to develop the strategy and then lead a transformation across Operations that involve managers and frontline employees as well as significantly impact our customers.
Leads demand planning for all Operations
- Leads the development of medium- term strategic planning (1-2 years) for Demand Planning for all Operations determining goals, objectives, plans, budgets and resource requirements
- Building requirements and processes to support an employee base of over 7,000 employees; where operations span over Ontario, British Columbia and Saskatchewan
- Leads the development of process that determines the optimal mix of appointment bookings versus walk-ins
- Identifies opportunities through demand planning to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Operations and drives changes
Leads workforce planning and scheduling for all Operations
- Actively work with all key stakeholders in Operations, Business Development and Government Relations; in order to lead workforce planning and scheduling across all Operations and overseeing the establishment of frameworks, policies, processes and systems
- Stays abreast of best practices and industry developments related to WFP and scheduling and approves new approaches that enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Business lead for all WFP and Scheduling system and technology
- Business lead for Scheduling technology to identify the requirements, partner with IT to select technology, develop the business case and ensure the system delivers to needs
- Business lead to determine the appointment / walk in mix technology
- Stays abreast of new technologies related to WFP and scheduling
Leads development and tracking of KPIs and reports out to Operations and associated teams
- Designs, develops, implements, and continuously improves tracking, KPIs and reporting
- Will immediately establish 5-year targeted efficiency KPI’s to meet or exceed existing 5-year budget plans.
- Will lead and work with key stakeholders to ensure KPI achievement and adjust course as needed based on changing business needs.
Lead, develop and engage a team of 2-3 employees
- Builds a high-performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates a team fostering engagement, an inclusive work environment, communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Creates a culture that builds capacity and enables delivery of our people strategy
- University degree
- 7+ years of experience leading a workforce planning team
- Experience in system implementations or major upgrades of scheduling technology
- Managed scheduling at scale
- Strong change management experience
- Customer-centric and outcome focused.
- Excellent business acumen, strategic thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent at building high performing teams, engaging employees and developing effective business relationships.
- Ability to assimilate complex and high-volume information and present in concise manner.
- Senior Leader level communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Thrives in a complex, fast-paced environment.