Reporting to the Manager, Client Services , the Training Specialist acts as a Subject Matter Expert and is responsible for the delivery of training, and processes through classroom, team, one-on-one or online/web based training and program communication as it relates to the MyVisit and homecare program. The successful candidate for this role is someone that can effectively work as part of a team and cross-functionally to ensure optimal training performance outcomes and a high degree of quality in training program delivery. This role is best suited to someone with a strong learning and development background in adult education, and a high degree of adaptability with a solutions-focused approach.
- Experience producing instructor-led training sessions through different methods/platforms, and online training for Learning Management system (LMS) - develop facilitator guides, materials, presentations, job aids etc. to support learning solutions across a range of learning mediums.
- Influence the selection of appropriate approach, media, and delivery options
- Use exceptional writing skills, and adapt writing style to address audience needs and platform requirements when developing all learning solutions
- Engage in personal development and be receptive to coaching, support and direction in terms of on-the-job learning and formal training
- Design and deploy training evaluations, monitor feedback and make recommendations for future changes to course design.
- Consult with leaders at various levels to conduct needs assessments, identify skills gaps and make training recommendations for individuals and teams.
- Provides support for training, education support and tuition reimbursement process
- Responsible for leading the MyVisit and Mobile Service training programs, initiatives and transitions, performing other duties, as required.
- Creating content and facilitation of courses in both e-Learning and Instructor-Led formats
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to developing content, establishing good learning principles, coaching on facilitation and content quality assurance
- Administering Learning Management System including creating reports and evaluations, user and security troubleshooting and uploading content
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team members throughout the design and development process
- Utilize instructional design expertise to help gain partner acceptance of initiatives
- Use superior communication and interpersonal skills in all interactions
- Manage time and coordinate tasks and activities related to the development of assigned learning solutions
- Undergraduate Degree in a relevant discipline
- 3-5 years in class room facilitation and delivering learning programs
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Results and service-oriented
- Ability to envision and create accurate and useful training program documents
- Proven ability to work independently and with teams to set priorities and work schedules to meet deadlines
- Able to work effectively within the organization to establish relationships, build trust and influence appropriately to drive performance through learning
- Highly proficient with Windows applications: Word, PowerPoint and Publisher and proficient with Excel
- Experience working with Dynamics 365 considered an asset
- Experience with authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate
- Exceptional time management skills
- Certification in Personality assessments considered an asset (preferably Persoanlity Dimensions)
- Certification in Change Management (ProSci preferred) is considered an asset.
- Experience in Organizational Effectiveness (specifically Employee Engagement) is desirable.