The Customer Care Associate serves as the initial customer contact for telephone calls to LifeLabs. The Associate screens the call to understand the nature of the inquiry and satisfactorily resolve the request. This involves interacting with the appropriate applications and resources to source information required. Information provided must be accurate and in keeping with policy and procedures, while ensuring that LifeLabs’ Core Values are demonstrated in all activities.
This is a Temporary Full - Time position based in Mississauga, Ontario.
Monday - Friday 10am-6pm with rotation into weekends every 12-16 weeks. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Minimum 2 years call center or medical office experience. Proficient in Microsoft office, including word, excel and outlook
This is a temporary role till January 12,2024
- Provide efficient and effective customer service to our clients and customers (physicians, patients, Long Term Care Facilities, hospitals and LifeLabs operations across the province)
- Answer, identify, assess, and respond to Inbound call inquiries and/or make Outbound calls as part of the Call Reporting process to LifeLabs clients
- Respond to customer inquiries promptly and accurately with a high level of professionalism
- Route relevant information to other departments and locations as appropriate via Action Request or e-Track systems
- Develop and maintain knowledge of LifeLabs Lab Operations
- Handle job duties in their appropriate priority with accuracy and efficiency
- Ensure information obtained or provided whether verbally or in writing is accurate and in keeping with policy and procedures
- Keep up to date with information shared through different modes of communication (email memo’s, policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and meetings)
- Communicate effectively over the telephone with sensitivity and tact, respond to adverse situations (e.g., irate customers, high call volumes), and make sound judgment calls
- Maintain confidentiality involving any information made available directly or indirectly about clients including physicians, patients, employees, and the company
- Work in a manner that protects one’s own health & safety as well as the safety of co-workers and others, and that is consistent with the law and with safe work practices and procedures established by LifeLabs
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills, courteous telephone manner
- Ability to work in a structured, fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Must be comfortable with PC based technology, keyboarding and navigating through the applications required to source information
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Medical terminology an asset
- Team player as well as the ability to work independently
- Flexible to work in a shift environment which may include weekends
- Desire to meet and exceed pre-defined performance goals
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Centered, Agile and Teamwork and can live these values with us every day.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today.