LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a Senior Medical Lab Technologist to join our team in Toronto, Ontario.
Our Senior Medical Lab Technologists provide accurate and timely interpretive and diagnostic specimen testing and reporting. Through accuracy, quality, efficiency and expediting test results, you will contribute to patient well-being and the achievement of better health outcomes. This is a great role for a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting a wide range of diagnostic and interpretive specimen testing
- Performing, interpreting, and releasing results, while ensuring the confidentiality of patient information.
- Collaborate with Lab Manager and Medical Scientific Team to set and implement achievable plans and work with team to meet these priorities.
- Participate in critical reviews of key indicators, incidents, audits, inspection, and improvement opportunities resulting in effective implementation of corrective actions, escalating as appropriate and driving continuous improvement.
- Assisting with the evaluation and implementation of new technology.
- Participating in problem solving in work organization and workflow.
This is a Full Time role working the Day Shift suitable to the maintenance of a healthy work/life balance. LifeLabs’ facilities are also known as “teaching laboratories”, offering opportunities to share knowledge in a collaborative environment, 24-hour medical support through our Medical Science team and Medical library, and the ability to teach our college and university student placements.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking individuals who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, while adhering to LifeLabs’ standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency.
Do you have:
- College diploma or University degree in Medical Laboratory Science, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- CMLTO registered.
- At least 5 years of MLT experience or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Good computer skills and knowledge.
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy and confidentiality.