***To be considered for this role, you must attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts along with your resume when submitting your application***
The Tax professionals at RSM Canada provide effective tax advice and innovative planning to both public and private clients in order to help reduce their tax burden and enhance their company’s financial performance. Our professional tax staff stay current on the latest changes impacting client businesses and deliver tax solutions that are practical yet creative. As a Tax Intern, you will report to the Tax Managers and Partners and will be responsible for a variety of tax assignments (both corporate and personal).
The successful candidate will have the following:
· Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and take ownership of assigned tasks
· Experience working with Caseware, TaxPrep considered an asset
· A positive attitude and desire to excel and grow professionally
· Enrollment in Masters of Tax Program
· Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
· Experience preparing and reviewing returns considered an asset but not required.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
Your primary responsibilities will include:
· Organizing data to facilitate preparation of personal, trust, partnership and corporate tax returns
· Preparation of Canadian personal income tax returns
· Assist tax staff members with other tax compliance engagements such as preparation of treaty based returns, corporate income tax returns , partnerships returns and or trusts returns.
· Assist with preparation and research for tax advisory engagements as required.
· Assist staff with tax projects as required