RSM is looking for a dynamic Manager to join our Assurance team. You will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements. Our clients include local, national and internationally recognized companies. RSM’s assurance professionals helping companies improve their performance through the most challenging business cycles. Experience with IFRS is required, as well as an industry focus on TMT.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating of review engagements and compilations of financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables (including corporate income tax, personal income tax and trust income tax).
- Understand and utilize RSM’s review and compilation methodology
- Manage multiple engagement teams and prepare end-of-engagement evaluations for staff
- Lead the team through the entire process, preparing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Collaborate with the engagement senior director on engagement approach and execute on the plan using a risk-based approach
- Identify technical accounting and taxation matters early and assess impact on financial statements; coordinate with firm specialists as needed
- Recognize industry-specific and general accounting issues, including but not limited to, revenue recognition, inventory pricing and LCM, receivable discounts, allowances, incentives and bad debts, current and deferred tax provisions and determine appropriate review approach for such areas
- Provide insightful feedback on financial statements.
- Understand skill sets and capabilities of Senior Associates and Supervisors and monitor and review work product that they prepare and report on performance while articulating coaching notes throughout the process
- Supervise seniors and supervisors on engagement teams and function as an in-charge, monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan and budget
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Maintain contact with clients throughout the year to understand impact of significant developments in client’s business and assess impact on current year review and compilation engagements
- Identify and communicate significant accounting and taxation matters to senior director on engagement
- Develop others within the Firm through facilitating levels based or industry training, advising on career development or participating in other Firm initiatives
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for team members
- Understand RSM’s lines of businesses, availability of services and where applicable, discuss with client management of opportunities to make valuable introductions to others in the firm
- Manage time appropriately across multiple projects
- Subscribe to and actively read industry publications and share relevant information with clients as considered applicable
- Develop a strategy to utilize relationships external to the firm with different types of Centers of Influence to effectuate business growth
- Manage profitability of projects
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Keep abreast of latest developments as they affect GAAP and the Firm’s standards and policies
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) degree or equivalent degree from an accredited university
- CPA designation
- 5+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Experience leading teams and mentoring associates
- Understanding of accounting services, with knowledge of review and compilation standards
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- Minimum of 4 years of team lead or in-charge experience overseeing staff on multiple engagements
- Experience with IFRS and focus on TMT is required
- Experience with managing review and compilation engagements including the applicable taxation.
- A successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagement