RSM Canada has an exciting opportunity for a Tax Partner to join our Financial Services (FS) practice in Toronto. Successful candidates will have deep FS industry tax compliance and consulting expertise with banks / savings institutions, credit unions, broker-dealers, insurance companies, asset management, fintech or other specialty finance organizations and will have a strong network within the Toronto business community and a proven record of developing new business and leveraging trusted relationships.
You will lead the efforts of multiple teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in FS; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; market, sell, design, and implement tax-planning strategies for clients and manage to budget.
As a Tax Partner at RSM Canada, you will have an important role in mentoring and coaching our people to achieve challenging and rewarding careers and developing them into future leaders of our firm.
- Client Service – Manage and build trusting client relationships; understand clients’ business challenges and goals; work collaboratively with clients and service teams to deliver exceptional value and quality; manage and drive the success of multiple engagements while enhancing profitability; provide additional insights and business solutions that result in expanded business to clients
- Business Development – Lead the development and execution of growth strategies; actively represent the firm in the business community to promote our brand and capabilities; develop and close new business
- People Management – Attract, develop and retain top talent; serve as a mentor and coach for emerging leaders; ensure effective communication and alignment of priorities
- Expertise Development – Stay current on latest regulatory and legislative developments as they affect GAAP, as well as the firm’s standards and policies; continue to expand expertise in technical areas, and leverage specialized FS industry knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA
- 12+ years in public accounting with experience in Financial Services tax compliance and tax consulting pertaining to planning, research and general mergers and acquisitions activities
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- A proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple assignments