The Administrator will be responsible for the support of the Legal, Special Risk and Special Initiatives group. Primarily the support will be for the Vice President, Special Initiatives and Vice President, Special Risk and CARD and possible administrative support to the Legal team when and if required.
This position will reside in the Special Initiatives (SI) team, which oversees the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) program which was developed, delivered and being administered on behalf of the shareholder under Canada Account. When you join our team, you’ll be supporting the program that brought funding to over 890K businesses on behalf of the Government of Canada. The Special Risks Team is responsible for managing all recovery efforts on impaired loans and guarantees in EDC's commercial and Canada account lending portfolios. EDC’s Claims and Recoveries Group (CARD) delivers innovative debt management solutions to EDC’s Insurance and Working Capital Solutions customers with loss mitigation support, claim adjudication and recoveries for the benefit of both the customer and EDC.
This role will appeal to a seasoned Administrator who is highly organized individual, with strong communication skills who wants to join an exciting team that contributes to the success of numerous key initiatives within EDC.
- Supports general business operations by providing various administrative support activities for the Special Initiatives and Special Risk team.
- Arrange business travel, coordinate meeting arrangements, and/or track expenses
- Attend weekly financial review meetings
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office workflows to which the support is being provided
- Is a self-starter, creative thinker, and ready to jump in and support the growth of the team
- Manage VP’s and Teams’ travel scheduling and bookings
- Budget expense tracking (expenses planned, committed and spent)
- Submitting P2P for team travel, training, recognition or other related expenses for both teams
- Follow up on training and support the team with administrative related questions
- Work and liase with external Government stakeholders and Senior Administrators to coordinate meetings
- Secretariate function for team huddles/meetings
- Provides support on EDC events, both internal and external including;
- On-site or off-site stakeholder meetings;
- Booking rooms or event space
- Technical liaison (for meeting tech needs)
- Meeting Powerpoint management
- Act as delegate’s and support while other administrative staff are on vacation
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in administrative for a Senior Leadership Executive
- Strong knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and other related programs)
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- $46,600 - $69,900, plus performance-based incentive
- This position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa.